Thursday, 1 October 2015

Dumb, dumber, dumbest

We are all educated, well most of us reading this blog are. We live in a world that is interwinded with so many cultures, ethics, people, nationalities, practices and what not. With mankind evolving over 100s of years now, there is something called as "civilization". In tamil we call it as "Naagareegam".

Right from dressing , to practices to the way we talk/behave, there is an influence of that "refinement" that is followed. We can may be call it manners here. I know everyone has that curiosity which gives 1000 s of questions in your mind about 1000 different things. Right from "knowing more" about that heroine's relationship gossip that we read in magazine yesterday to what's the reason behind that new costly saree that your neighbour flaunted today, we all have that curiosity about many things. But not always do we go out and ask those questions directly, especially when that person is not your parent, spouse or very closest sibling. Its not only about crossing the "PERSONAL" line in doing so, but sometimes about causing embarrassment to yourself and others.

In Chennai, I used to occasionally accompany my husband to Green Trends during his haircut and get my eyebrows done in the "Ladies" section 😛. Once I wanted to try out a newly opened parlor quite close to my house. Ofcourse if the service was nice and may be less expensive, i thought of avoiding the travel all the way to Nanganallur Green trends. This lady who was both the owner and the sole employee was from a neighbouring state and was speaking patched up tamil. I guess I went for a facial. 2 minutes into the facial, she started telling my skin had lot of pimple scars and I need to treat it immediately and all. She didn't know that the beauty parlor people are telling this to me for more than a decade by then and that I don't care about that particular advise of theirs. So, I just listened to her with ocassional "ummm". 4 minutes into the facial, she asked "Madam, which caste are you"???? I was like......"WHAT THE HELL ????"😠😠😬😡. I generally don't lose my temper with unknown people. My ears turned red and I asked her why she needs to know about my CASTE when all she is doing is a facial. Some people do ask generally whether we are Hindus or may be Chiristians if we dnt wear a bindi or North Indians if we happen to speak Hindi or even if we use "Teek hein" or "Accha" in between. Even that is fine for curiosity, but asking "caste" looked so much like a moron. And guess what, she said she just like that asked. The next thing that came to my mind on seeing her beautician certificate with photograph on the wall was that it should be a fake one. And that was the first and last time I ever went there.

If that was dumb, this person gave a tight competition to her. I guess thats when I switched my job. I informed someone about the change and that I will be moving back from Bangalore to Chennai. The next question was "What is your salary???". Seriouslyyyy ??? 😡😠😠😠 I wanted to ask back "what the F$@^  is your monthly household income including your breadwinner's salary, rents and bank interests? ".😶😶😶 I mean, isn't there a limit for your curiosity and honestly would you be happy to reply if someone asked what I wanted to ask back. Why don't you hold your tongue, wish goodluck and say bye.

This other colleague was super duper. It was early 2010s, FB was becoming popular and people were thrilled about the whole concept as FB was more interactive than Orkut. This is after I switched job, I guess I wrote a post, I don't remember well though and this ex- colleague commented "No on-site opportunities uh ???" ...😰😱😤 Which was totally irrelevant to every alphabet in that post. Next thing I did was click the "Unfriend" button.

When I recollect now, I get that urge to give a fitting reply to those people especially the one who asked my salary. My sincere advise to you guys is never be silent with such people who ask irrelevant and unpleasant questions on your face. Just give them back a piece of your mind so that they don't ask such questions to you or others there after.

No comments:

Post a Comment